- Attorney Alex Curcuru Once Again Named Super Lawyers Rising Star
- December 5, 2017
- The Alexander Law Firm is excited to announce that managing partner Alex Curcuru has been selected by Super Lawyers as a Rising Star for a third year in a row. Click here to learn more about Super Lawyers and its selection process.
- Want to File an IRS Offer in Compromise? Fifth, the Offer Examiner and Acceptance or Rejection
- July 13, 2017
Can I settle my tax debt for less that what I owe? (Part V)
- Want to File an IRS Offer in Compromise? Fourth, Compliance & The Waiting Game
- February 23, 2017
Can I settle my tax debt for less that what I owe? (Part IV)
- Want to File an IRS Offer in Compromise? Third, The Application.
- February 3, 2017
Can I settle my tax debt for less that what I owe? (Part III)
- Attorney Alex Curcuru Featured in St. Louis Business Journal Article
- January 20, 2017
- The Alexander Law Firm is excited to share a recent St. Louis Business Journal article featuring managing partner Alex Curcuru. Here is a link to the full article: How to: Choose a tax adviser. The article, dated 01/13/2017, is available to non-subscribers starting March 14, 2017.
- Want to File an IRS Offer in Compromise? Second, Review Income & Expenses.
- January 13, 2017
Can I settle my tax debt for less that what I owe? (Part II)
- Want to File an IRS Offer in Compromise? First, Review Available Equity.
- December 30, 2016
Can I settle my tax debt for less that what I owe?
- IRS Offers in Compromise Statistics
- December 16, 2016
The Alexander Law Firm has a tremendous track record when it comes to IRS offers in compromise. The acceptance rate on offers filed by the firm is 76.47%.
This rate is nearly double the IRS average acceptance rate of 40.29% (see 2015 IRS Data Book, Table 16).
Here is another amazing stat – on average, our clients pay only 6.72% of the amount they owe the IRS ($143,712/$1,689,500). That means our clients pay less than 7 cents on every dollar they owe the IRS. That also means our clients have saved more than $1.5 Million over the past five years. Incredible.
There is no secret to our success. Instead, we give each potential client an honest evaluation of whether or not filing an offer in compromise is right for them. For example, if a taxpayer has a 401(k) worth more than the amount owed to the IRS, chances of acceptance are slim to none.
While everyone’s situation is unique and we cannot guarantee results, we take care of our clients. In cases where an offer in compromise is not accepted and all appeals are exhausted, we continue to represent our clients by setting up appropriate payment plans with the IRS at no additional charge.
If you struggle with IRS debt and want an honest evaluation on whether or not the IRS offer in compromise program is right for you, give us a call at (314) 261-4111 to schedule your consultation. You may also schedule an appointment online here.
- Attorney Alex Curcuru Named Super Lawyer Rising Star
- The Alexander Law Firm is excited to announce that managing partner Alex Curcuru has been selected by Super Lawyers as a Rising Star for a second year in a row. Click here to learn more about Super Lawyers and its selection process.
- Making Tax Court Less Taxing
- November 8, 2015
As a CPA, you’ve been there. Working with a tax attorney who may have an LLM, but that’s the sum total of what he knows about the business of accounting. He’s never prepared a single return himself. And doesn’t really speak the language. Because everything he knows he learned in a classroom—not in the real world.
Is it any wonder CPAs have a hard time finding a good tax attorney? One you can trust to understand not only the law—but also you, and the accounting challenges you face.
I should know, because I began my career in tax accounting. I’ve prepared hundreds of tax returns. And felt the frustration of working with attorneys who might know tax code, but not tax forms. I knew there had to be a better way, and that’s why I became a tax attorney myself. Now, I see the total picture from both an accountant and an attorney perspective. And can be more effective in court as a result. Giving you and your clients a new advantage—perhaps one you didn’t think possible…
The perfect fit. A tax attorney who will work with you, not against you. Who doesn’t have to move up a learning curve to understand your client’s tax issues. And from day one, can work with you to create the most effective strategy for your client.
I know my role. I respect the relationship you have with your client, and I’ll go to bat for you both every day. No one can guarantee results. But I will be here for you every day, working hard to tell your client’s story effectively in court. I know how busy the IRS and Missouri tax authorities are, so I’ll make it easier for them to understand your perspective.
Most of all, I keep my word. I do what I say I’ll do and will keep you and your client informed every step of the way. (After all, tax court is a marathon—not a sprint.) I return calls within 24 hours. I meet my deadlines. And I pledge to earn the trust you have placed in me, every day.
Tax court is challenging enough. Your tax attorney shouldn’t be. Let me show you the difference the right experience—and the right attitude—can make.
Call me now if your client has a tax dispute with:
- United States Tax Court
- IRS and State Audits
- IRS and State Offers in Compromise
- Delinquent and Amended Returns
- Levies and Garnishments
- Collection Due Process Appeals